SOC 100 WK 8 Assignment 3 – Part 3 Investigate a Social Issue Draft
Working from the outline and from the feedback of your professor, you will now develop a draft paper in which you formally write up your findings. Specifically, you will submit a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you address all of the following:
1. Specific Hypothesis. Introduce your paper by identifying the specific hypothesis you are evaluating in this paper.
2. Applicable Sociological Concepts. Identify the sociological theories and terminology from the text that apply to your social issue
3. Practical Implications. Discuss the value of sociological research into your issue. Determine whether or not there are (or would be) practical implications of sociological inquiry into this issue.
4. Evidence. This is the most important part of the paper. Analyze at least two (2) lines of evidence that pertain to the hypothesis you are evaluating. Does the evidence support your hypothesis? For each type of evidence, consider possible biases and alternative interpretations.
5. Conclusions. Draw conclusions based on the evidence that you have discovered. Does the evidence confirm or refute your hypothesis? Is the evidence sufficiently convincing to draw firm conclusions about your hypothesis?